Blog Post

Real Estate

What Real Estate Documents Do You Need? 

What Real Estate Documents Do You Need?

Did you know that 43% of homebuyers search online before contacting a real states agent? 

Some documents are needed when you buy a house, while others are required to sell a home. Some documents lead to clear-cut transactions, while some cloud the sale process.

This article will explain the real estate documents you should be aware of when buying or selling a home.

Zoning Permits

Before any construction can begin on a piece of property, the appropriate zoning permits must be obtained from the local government. These permits ensure that the proposed construction complies with the zoning regulations for the area.

To obtain a zoning permit for your real estate development project, you must submit various documents to your local zoning board. These documents will include a detailed project proposal, site plans, zoning code research, and more.

Building Permits

You must submit a few key real estate documents to your local municipality to obtain a building permit. These include your property survey, floor plans, home title, and construction specifications.

Your Realtor can help you obtain these documents and guide you through the permit application process. Once your application is approved, you can proceed with your construction project.

Property Deed

When you purchase a property, the house deed is the legal document that transfers ownership from the seller to the buyer. The deed must be signed by the seller and delivered to the buyer. The deed must be signed in the presence of a notary public or a licensed real estate agent.

The house deed becomes effective when recorded in the land records of the county where the property is located. The act should be registered within 30 days of the date of sale.

Environmental Reports

There are a few different types of environmental reports that may be required when purchasing real estate. A Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) is typically the first step in the process and is used to identify any potential or existing environmental contamination on the property.

A Phase II ESA may conduct if contamination is found during the Phase I assessment and used to characterize the contamination further and identify the source. A Soil and Groundwater Investigation may also be conducted if there are reports of past contamination or if regulatory requirements are in place.

Real Estate Taxes

When you purchase a piece of real estate, you must sign several documents to finalize the sale. In addition to these documents, you will also need to pay taxes on the property. The amount of tax you will owe will depend on the value of the property and the jurisdiction in which located.

If you are unsure of what documents you need to submit, you can consult with a professional real estate attorney or developer for assistance. Visit, which can help you get documents for your property.

Processing Real Estate Documents

If you’re planning on buying or selling a home, you must know what real estate documents you need. An excellent real estate agent will be able to guide you through the process and make sure you have all the necessary paperwork. With the help of a real estate agent, you can make sure you have everything you need to buy your dream home.

Please read our blog daily for new helpful info.

Related posts