Faulty electrical wiring isn’t just a nuisance, it is also dangerous.
If your house needs rewiring, but you don’t realize it, it is possible for a fire to start due to your wiring. Being able to spot issues with your wiring is an important factor in owning a home.
Keep reading to find out more about the four signs that you need electrical rewiring.
1. Electric Shocks
If you’ve ever plugged something into a socket and felt an electric shock, no matter how short or small, it is definitely time to call a professional to have your wiring checked out. It is possible that the shock is due to the appliance you are plugging in, but it is more likely to be due to your wiring, so it is better to be safe.
You should also be on the lookout for any strange buzzing sounds near sockets or sparks erupting when electricity is being used. These are all signs that something is seriously wrong.
2. Old House
If your house is older than 30 years, it might be a sign that you need to think of rewiring your home. Houses built in the 60s, 70s, and even 80s often used aluminum wire instead of the copper wire that is currently used. Using aluminum wire helped lower building and installation costs, since copper was so expensive.
While aluminum wire conducts electricity, the wires tend to shrink with age, which weakens the connections. If your wiring is improperly connected, you run the risk of sparks running between the wires, which could lead to a fire.
It might be a good idea to consider a full home electrical rewire.
3. Constant Blown Fuses
With the amount of technology we use in our daily lives, it makes sense that we use more electricity than was used decades ago. Unfortunately, old electrical systems aren’t built to handle the strain we place on them. In the past, homes used 60 amps of power, but modern households tend to need over 200 amps of power, which old systems just can’t manage.
The increase in power usage leads to fuses being blown and your power tripping unexpectedly.
4. Burning Smell
If you notice a consistent burning smell in your home, and you cannot identify where it is coming from, you need to immediately turn your power off. If the smell is coming from your wiring, then it is time to call an electrical panel repair service.
If you notice a burning smell that won’t go away, and you can’t identify the source, immediately turn off the power at the circuit, and it might be time to call in the big guns!
Electrical Rewiring Made Easy
If you spot any of these signs, it might be time for an electrical rewiring of your house. It is important that you contact an electrician to come to check out your wiring and help you decide on a plan.
If you enjoyed this article, please go take a look at our blog for more content you might like.
The Benefits of a Gas Fireplace
How to Find the Right Roofing Contractors
Effective Link-Building Techniques For Small Businesses
According to the Bright Local survey, local directories are still among small businesses’ most effective link-building strategies. However, it’s essential…
The Advantage of Having Renewable Energy Providers for Your Business
Renewable energy systems can power entire homes or connect to the grid to share the electricity they produce. This makes…