Nine of North Carolina’s Best Beach Destinations According to Elan Vacations
According to Elan Vacations, North Carolina is the best place in the world to go for beach vacations. Once the summer arrives and the weather gets warm and humid again, there simply isn’t a better place to go than here. The list of beaches to choose from is almost endless, however, which is why Elan Vacations has decided to choose the nine they believe are the worthiest of booking for your next trip.
Elan Vacations Top Nine North Carolina Beaches
- The Outer Banks, which is possible the best known area in both North and South Carolina. Not only are there some beautiful beaches to enjoy here, there is also a lot of history to be enjoyed. For instance, did you know that it is from here that the Wright Brothers first set off? Indeed, this took place in Kill Devil Hills. Additionally, Roanoke Island, also on the Outer Banks, is home to the very first European settlement. And if you have seen American Horror Story – Roanoke, you will know all about that one!
- Bald Head Island, which is an island on which no cars are allowed. If you really don’t like walking, however, you can choose to rent an electric golf cart. But why not use your feet?
- Atlantic Beach, which is found to the east of the famous Bogue Banks. It is a true Crystal Coast resort. As long as you are there, you should make sure that you check out Historic Fort Macon State Park as well.
- Figure Eight Island, although that is so exclusive only those with heaps of money are welcome here.
- Oak Island, below Wilmington in Brunswick County. It is a new beach facing the south, found on the east coast of the state. This is the perfect place to go if you like golf, as there are numerous ones, including a champion course, to choose from.
- Sunset Beach, which is a very short, three mile beach, on the southern tip of the beaches of Brunswick Island. There is a single lane pontoon bridge to cross to the mainland.
- Carolina Beach, which is between the Atlantic Ocean and Cape Fear River, making it truly unique. This is the perfect place for a day out, with the Carolina Beach State Park, the state aquarium, the boardwalk, and various shopping opportunities.
- Topsail Beach, which is an area with very strict zoning laws, thereby stopping high rise developments on the beach front. Interestingly, it was also home to pirates during the 18th century. As a side note, Blackbeard’s treasure still remains to be found!
- Wrightsville Beach, which is a busier location because people in the Raleigh area often visit it themselves. That said, there are many reasons why this is such a firm favorite, as it is a lovely area.
North Carolina has some amazing beaches to please any kind of visitor. Whether you want to lazy about getting a tan or experience some culture and history, it’s got it all.
5 Golf Vacation Planning Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
In 2022, there are already about 25 million people in the US that had played golf. Golfing is an enjoyable…
Irish Moss vs Sea Moss: What Are the Differences?
Sea moss is one of the superfoods that go above and beyond to help you in your quest to be…